- Frequency Range: 34.5MHz ~ 4400MHz
- Output Power Range: -30dBm ~ 0dBm
- Continuous Wave Signal Without any Modulation
- Support Fixed Frequency, Frequency Sweep, Frequency Hopping & Power Sweep Mode
- -107dBc/Hz Phase Noise @100kHz Offset
- Frequency Resolution: 10kHz
- PC USB Interface Powered and Controlled
- External PC Software Support Different Operating System
GW Instek debuts the brand new USG-Series RF signal generator, which comes with five models to meet users’ requirements and is a pocket-sized, and USB interface compatible RF signal generator with the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz. The USG-Series provides continuous wave (CW) signal outputs without any signal modulation function. The built-in electronic attenuator of the USG-Series allows an adjustable power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The USG-Series has several operational modes including fixed frequency, frequency sweep, frequency hopping, and power sweep. The USB-Series RF signal generator, with the frequency bandwidth limitation, provides lower harmonic output performance.
Figure shows the test result of USG-LF44 simultaneous power sweep and frequency sweep. The test result covers the frequency range from 35MHz to 4400MHz and the power range from -30dBm to 0dBm. The yellow trace illustrates the test result of maximum hold and the pink trace shows the test result of signal output.
- A USG CD-ROM provides dedicated PC application programs, which were developed under JAVA software* structure. Users must install JAVA software to use USG PC application programs, which support operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8, Linux & Mac OS X through the USB interface.
- Users can download USG APP to smart phone or tablet with Android 4.0 or above. To operate USG, use USB-OTG connecting cable to connect tablet (or smart phone) and USG. The Android APP application software for the USG signal generator is available on Google Play Store.
- The USG signal generator can be designated as the tracking generator for GSP-730 spectrum analyzer to conduct measurement functions of scalar network analyzer. A USG CD-ROM provides PC application programs for the Primary RF software. Users can, using a Windows OS computer, control USG and GSP-730 via the Primary RF software. The NI-488.2 software** must be installed first before installing Primary RF software.