LTB-8 - rackmount platform
Bring power to your lab with a powerful, scalable and hot-swappable eight-slot rackmount platform designed for advanced lab and manufacturing applications.
- Stand-alone or managed infrastructure for simultaneous multi-user control
- Compact 3U solution with high port module density for in-rack and tabletop applications
- Hot-swap capability for quick transitions between both rackmount and portable platforms
- Simple, easy-to-use industrial grade computer design with the Microsoft Windows operating system
- Optimal out-of-box experience (OOBE) using the Intel vPro Active Management Technology (AMT)
- Maximum connectivity options with USB3, LAN, Sync and AMT ports
- RAID1 mirroring for redundancy and data protection
- Powerful and flexible enough to run automation software and protocol scripts without an external personal computer
- Multi-user sharing for efficient utilization of test resources and minimization of capital expenditures (CAPEX)
The 100G market is growing and evolving and network equipment manufacturers need versatile solutions that address the numerous testing requirements of multiservice transport and datacom equipment. With its small format, ultra-powerful processing and highly intuitive interface, the LTB-8 is optimized to enable lab users to carry out dedicated test applications simply and efficiently for a variety of technologies including Ethernet, OTN, Fibre Channel, SONET/SDH and more.
The Windows advantage
Keep it simple and use the same applications you always have including Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and other familiar programs.
- Faster start times and multitasking deliver a superior user experience
- Familiar desktop design makes the LTB-8 easy to use
- Connect remotely with Microsoft Remote Desktop and EXFO’s remote toolbox
Supports transport and datacom multiservice test modules
The FTBx-88200NGE Power Blazer is EXFO’s next-generation, 100G multiservice test solution
- Industry’s first solution offering integrated CFP4 and QSFP+/QSFP28 interfaces
- Full suite of advanced test functionality including multistage ODU multiplexing, multichannel OTN, and advanced troubleshooting capabilities
- Best 100G port density on a single module in the industry
The FTBx-8870/8880 Power Blazer modules are versatile, 10G multiservice test modules
- Dual-port, Ethernet-testing capability—up to 10GE
- Testing of speeds from 1.5M to 10G
- Covering multiple technologies: OTN, SONET/SDH, DSn/PDH, Ethernet, Fibre Channel and CPRI
Fiber inspection and verification
Taking the time to properly inspect a fiber optic cable can prevent a slew of problems down the line—saving you time, money and headaches. Plug EXFO’s FIP-430B into a USB port on the LTB-8 and through EXFO’s ConnectorMax2 Analysis Software, quickly see if connectors pass or fail inspection.
- The FIP-430B automates each operation in the connector endface inspection sequence, transforming this critical process into one quick and easy step.
- The ConnectorMax2 is an analysis software application that functions with EXFO’s fiber inspection probes enabling technicians to:
- View and automatically analyze connector images, eliminate guesswork and deliver quick pass/fail assessment of connector end faces.
- Reporting tool for report generation and documentation
- Save both time and money in the lab.
Remote monitoring and control
Use remote access applications such as Java, VNC, remote desktop or web browsers to monitor and troubleshoot test applications carried out on an LTB-8 platform located anywhere in the world.
Get connected and share resources
EXFO TFv—Test Function Virtualization is the industry’s first suite of defined offerings that focuses on test function virtualization. This suite is ideal for lab managers who are looking to scale their testing requirements to specific user needs.
- FTB Anywhere floating test licenses enable EXFO’s platform users to share licenses, giving them the functionality they need anytime, anywhere. Customers own the software licenses and can share them between platforms.
- FTB OnDemand time-based licenses activate a wide range of test functionalities for a specific period of time—perfect when a test function is only needed for a specific project.
EXFO Multilink web-based application
EXFO Multilink connects multiple users to EXFO modules and LTB-8 platforms remotely through any web browser.
- Connectivity of multi-users, multimodules and multiplatforms
- Centralized management: global view of all platforms and modules without an external server
- Detailed management information with status and allocation information per user
- Web-based, GUI viewer with no software installation required
- Remote management of test-module inventory
- Manage software on modules through EXFO TFv floating licenses and time-based licenses