Session Border Controller Testing
This IP-to-IP Gateway Test Suite focuses on testing critical functions, which ensure the viability of VoIP and IMS services.
- 2 560 000 emulated endpoints
- 4250 calls per second
- 18 000 registrations per second
- Response latency characterization for registration and call setup
- Supported codecs: AMR, ILBC, G.711, G.729, G.721, G.726, G.723, G.722, G.728, EVRC, EVRC-B, GSM-EFR, GSM-FR, GSM-HR, H.263, H.264, DTMF, etc.
- SIP message definition (valid, invalid and proprietary) using a GUI or text-based editor
- Call flow creation (valid, invalid and proprietary)
- Protocol state machine manipulation using a ladder diagram
- SRTP, IPSec and TLS
- NAT traversal verification capabilities
- DTMF insertion and extraction testing
- IMS calls and AKA authentication support
- Extensive media analysis including path verification, theft of service, mean opinion score (MOS), perceptual evaluation of speech quality (PESQ), R-factor, jitter, delay, loss, etc.
- Complete test lifecycle coverage: feature, negative, load, regression, interoperability and scalability testing
- Security testing capabilities such as protection against theft of service, SIP flood/DoS and rogue media
- Characterization of voice, video and DTMF impairment
IP-to-IP gateways such as session border controllers, H.248 border gateways, security gateways and firewalls, play a critical role in enabling and protecting the new generation of multimedia services, which are driving the deployment of VoIP and fixed mobile converged (IMS) networks.
VoIP and IMS IP-to-IP gateways support a number of core functions such as security against theft of service and malicious attacks using SIP flood/DoS and rogue media, per-session policing, QoS monitoring and reporting as well as secure access to services.
This IP-to-IP Gateway Test Suite focuses on testing these critical functions, which ensure the viability of VoIP and IMS services.